Thursday, March 2, 2023

Journey just begins...

My journey starts tomorrow night with a flight to Tokyo. Then I fly to Manila and then I move to Marinduque Island. This is the easier part of the trip. The transfer to Calayan is a bit more complicated. It requires a 6-hours trip by lampitaw boat and is very weather dependent. Please keep your fingers crossed that the rough sea will not cause me any surprises and delays.

The experience I've gained trying to make FT8 QSO with 5K0VT/5J01EA shows that the use of standard FT8 frequencies is a very bad idea. Such a DX station is constantly covered by local stations and, despite good propagation, it is very difficult to receive it. So when working on FT8 I will always be on a non-standard QRG using F/H mode or MSHV program. Unfortunately, I have no experience with MSHV, so I will have to learn it in the field.

Since I intend to work on HF and VHF at the same time, both stations will be tx-ing in different time slots. If HF is "even" then VHF is "odd".

See you on air soon, I hope!


Credit: Michael Lawrence


No comments:

Post a Comment